Sunday, May 3, 2009

Waterfront color

Today a tiny but colorful slice of the Seattle waterfront, as seen from on-board a ferry boat just departed from Coleman Dock at pier 52. If you're wanting a more leisurely and detailed tour of Seattle's waterfront sights, you might board one of the Argosy cruise boats in the foreground. Then again, if your agenda calls for keeping your feet beneath you and walking to enjoy a bit of exercise and salt air, you might want to satisfy your hunger pangs at Elliotts Oyster House at pier 56 or the Red Robin burger emporium on pier 55. And should you be inclined to experience another bit of Seattle history before it disappears, you could take a drive along the soon-to-be replaced Alaskan Way Viaduct. (To see my other posts about the Alaskan Way Viaduct, click here.)

6 comments:

Bibi said...

Nice shot. I like your suggestions to people as to what to do in Seattle. Does the City have any plans for a viaduct walk before it's taken down? I guess I'd be hoping for too much that an outstanding photo-op like that take place while I'm there this summer!

Small City Scenes said...

Nice shot. Everything just looks crammed in there.

Good idea suggesting the different ways to enjoy the waterfront. MB

Chuck Pefley said...

Bibi & MB, that's a great idea to walk the viaduct. I've heard nothing along that line, but one can certainly hope.!

Don and Krise said...

Good shot Chuck. I see the back side of The Crab Pot where my wife and I went in March for our anniversary.

Marie-Noyale said...

The Oyster house and a nice walk suit me perfectly!!

Kris said...

It looks busy.

You might also enjoy ...

Related Posts with Thumbnails